Saturday, July 5, 2008

News from Seoul

Nothing much to report for the last couple of days. My UN class continues to be a joy to teach. Students actually ask questions about the UN and I have one student who is participating in South Korea's national Model UN program. We met for several hours Friday to talk about strategy. He represents Pakistan and the issue is about alternative energy and economic development. South Korea's Model UN national meeting is four days long here in the capital and ends this coming Monday. I hope he does well and that I could have helped him in any small way. The students here have several Korean students assigned to help them with seeing the sites etc. This year Hanyang has not hired any foreign professors except myself so I have been on my own; taking the subway and buses to see the sites around town. I am getting to know my way around Seoul and am learning Korean out of necessity; can't buy anything in the stores without knowing some of the language!

No comments: